(from student submission Spring 2020 AMH2020)
April 13th, 2020
· Nothing to exiting happened today unfortunately, being stuck inside your house 24/7 tends to suck the creativity right out of you lol. I did bake some cookies though and managed to paint a semi acceptable image of a weird tree in my backyard.
April 14th, 2020
· Was watching the new today while aimlessly scrolling through twitter and heard trump was halting funding to the World Health Organization during a pandemic. So I guess that’s what we’re doing now L. Walked my dog and managed to find yeast at the supermarket with my sis in a world where suddenly everyone is baking bread apparently so I’m taking this day as a win J.
April 15th, 2020
· I woke up today and had the pleasure of having my dog decide he was going to be my personal alarm clock! Exciting times! I think its tax day today so that might be why everyone in my house seems to be on the verge of a panic attack. Besides that the news is more COVID-19 deaths and lockdowns and I baked a vegan chocolate cake.
April 16th, 2020
· I slept over at my sister's apt last night and woke up to the news of protests happening in Michigan over the stay at home order and whatnot. The signs people were holding btw were insanity squared. I’ve never seen so many guns at a protest that literally has nothing to do with second amendment rights. Like are we shooting at the virus, what exactly is the endgame? Anyway that’s about it for the news today, just wanted to share something that I somehow allowed to piss me off lol. I’m eating pasta tonight though so nice!
April 17th, 2020
· It’s Friday!!!! I’m finally leaving mu neighborhood today for the first time in a momento to go to the pharmacy with my sis! Lets hear it for todays human interaction! Additionally the news is telling me that as of today 4,500+ people died in 24 hours in the U.S.. And there are currently protests against the stay at home order. There truly isn’t a single day I don’t look at the news and get all sorts of pissed off L.
April 18th, 2020
· I filed for unemployment today! Never thought that would be sentence I had to write but here we are I guess. From what I’ve heard from others though is that since there are record amounts of people currently filing for unemployment in the United States I shouldn’t expect that sweet sweet unemployment money anytime soon lol.