Sunday, May 10, 2020

COVIDJOURNAL: I woke up to my boss calling me and asking where I was

(student submission Spring 2020) 

April 7,2020
This COVID shit has really messed up my daily schedule. I woke up this morning 4:15 and went to work. I work at Hardee’s we were really slow for about 3 hours and then we finally had a rush of cars come at 9 and then it finally slowed down at 10:50. Then I got ready to go home since I was supposed to be off at 11. I called my roommates to see if they were awake, but they weren’t, so I called my mom to come pick me up. I tried to call in uber but the way my card declined I decided to call my mom. When I went home and fell asleep until like 7. I talked to K** on facetime and when he came over at 10 after he got off work, then we throw at little party at my house. I got so drunk and passed out at 4am.
April 8, 2020
I woke up at 9am to join your zoom class but the fact that I fell asleep at 4am I was kind of dumb and couldn’t figure out how to turn my sound on or the video. So, I logged out after like 3 minutes and went back to sleep. Then I work up at 11:30 to get ready to take my 12:30 exam. I heated up 2 corndogs made myself a cappuccino and watched a little Hannah Montana until it was time to start my exam, mind you I haven’t started since I decided to party the night before. After my exam I went because to sleep and didn’t wake up until about 6. Then me T** and my roommate savannah went to get food at chick-fil-a. I was kind of bored, so I decided to facetime K**  I talked to Kam for about 1 hour and then my ex called.  Me and my ex have been trying to work shit out, so I talked to him on the phone for about 2 hours. Then I feel asleep at like 2am.
April 9, 2020
I woke up at 1:30 to feed my fish and then fell right back asleep. I then woke up at 3 and moved to my living room couch. I yelled at T** for not doing his homework so that way I could have the whole couch to myself. I took like 30 minutes trying to pick a movie and ended up watching Hannah Montana until like 7pm, then I watched Everybody Hates Chris With T** and his dad brought us pizza for dinner. Then I talked to K** on the phone to see if we could maybe go to the beach on Friday. I also asked him if he could bring me a smoothie when he got off of work. When K** came over, we made a late-night McDonald’s Trip and then we started partying again. My roommate had a last-minute dick appointment, so she kicked everyone out of the living room, so me K** and T** sat in my room and did homework for a little bit. Then we went to sleep at 6am.
April 10, 2020
I woke up at 10:50 so I could shower and make your 11am class with T** and K**, then we received a notification that class had been cancelled so I got dressed and we made a plan of what to do for the day. My roommate Savvy stayed home because she had some studying to do. So, me K** and T** started our day off by going to PetSmart to buy a fish tank, which when we got there they didn’t have the one we wanted so we drove all the wat across town to the next PetSmart and I’m glad they had the one we wanted. But all their décor was ugly, so we went back to the other PetSmart to buy décor. We then took a trip for Walmart to buy an air pump for the fish tank and K** bought a lunch-able for me because I was starving at that point. After Walmart we stopped at firehouse so, K** and T** could get food. I tried to go to Whataburger but there were like 10 cars in line and I was not about to wait, so I drove back to firehouse to pick up T** and K** then I headed to Dairy Queen so I could get something to eat. Then I promised K** that I would pay for his car wash, so that’s where we headed next. After the car wash the boys vacuumed the car out while I sat in the trunk and ate my lunch. We headed back to my house when we just chilled and watched Once upon a time until 7. By then savvy was done with her exam so we went and printed pictures at Walgreens. Stopped at Walmart for a few things. Then we stopped at Chick-fil-A and Popeyes for dinner. When we got back to the house, we all eat dinner in my room then T** and Savvy baked cookies. K** pissed me off or about 30 minutes and he went home. I was so upset I cried myself to sleep.
April 11, 2020
I woke up at 11:30 to feed my fish then went write back to sleep until 12. Then I realized that I forgot the write my journal for April 10, so I sat down and recalled everything I did yesterday. Then I went back to sleep until 1. I woke up to my mom calling asking if I wanted to come over and decorate Easter with my sisters at their house, so I packed my bags and got ready to leave my house. Me and my sisters painted some really cool Easter eggs and then we watched a movie called It Takes 2, which from my knowledge is a knock off of the movie Parent Trap. My mom cooked burgers and fries and I sat and did homework for almost 4 hours straight. My mom is making everyone go to bed early so that the Easter bunny can come tonight. She is also standing here laughing at me make a journal. As she said, “Kiara you don’t do much but eat and sleep and do homework.” Little does she know I have quite the exciting life when I’m not at her house.
April 12, 2020
Happy Easter! I woke up to my stepdad bothering me at 8 in the morning. Which as you already know I don’t wake up at that time at all. I got dressed for the day, my mom already and breakfast made and was working on making lunch. After I eat, I helped clean up all the breakfast dishes and did a little homework. I worked on homework for about 2 hours and the watched this new show called “The Big Show” on Netflix with my sisters. My parents gave me a whole lecture about how I’m not spending my money wisely which is why I don’t have money currently. That long annoying conversation lasted about 2 hours when we said prayers and started eating Easter Lunch. My mom cooked Mac and Cheese, ham, green beans, crescent rolls and deviled eggs. For dessert we had chocolate pie, after that my mom was dying to take a nap, so I had her take me home first. On the way to my house we jammed out to Hannah Montana and it just made me feel like a child again. When I got to my house T** was asleep in my bed, so I made him wash my sheets as I cleaned the rest of my room up. I was very annoyed with T**, so I woke everyone in the house up. Cause if I can’t go to sleep no one can!! Mind you that it is also like 3pm. I finished the last few homework assignments that I had due for the day. I then called my friend Kayla to see if she wanted to come over and have a party with us, she said she would be down, and she would come over after she had dinner at her house. Then I called K** to see if he wanted to party and he said see you at 7. I started my laundry and when laid on the couch and decided I would get up at 4:30. Next thing I knew it was 7 and K** was standing over my face trying to wake me up. We decided to make spaghetti for dinner and then we started to party. Boy is it about to be a long night!
April 13, 2020
Since we decided to party on the 12th I didn’t go to sleep until maybe 3am. An hour number one rule in the house, if you can’t sleep then no one does. So, K** hopped his happy ass in Savannah’s room and woke me and her up. We were really pressed and thought we could trick him but he ended up laying in the bed with us. The three of us laid there and watched TikTok’s on K**’s phone. Then we got up at 12:30 and made breakfast for everyone. We had cinnamon pancakes, eggs and turkey bacon. After breakfast I went to take a shower and then savvy asked who wanted to run an errand so I went with her. When we came back K** and I watched Once Upon a Time. Me and K** decided to make Kahoot about ourselves. I won K**’s games and Savvy won my game. Then K** went home at like 6:30. Then I made myself a grill cheese and tomato soup and watched beauty and the beast. I went into my room and feel asleep after watching Everybody hates Chris.
April 14, 2020
I work up at 11:30 to feed my fish and then went back to sleep. My roommate woke me up at 12 asking if I wanted to work out with her. So, I put on my workout clothes and grabbed some water. The work out was pretty intense. After we finished me and my roommate bothered T** so he would wake up. Then I hopped in the shower and sang my heart out. We made breakfast and did a little homework (mostly stared at our phones). When we watched Hannah Montana for about 2 hours. I went to go talk on the phone with my ex for way too long. After talking to my ex, I asked K** for advice on what I should do, then I went and asked my roommate to see how they thought I should handle the problem. We played a little beer pong for practice. We took a break to go get chick-fil-a and then we battled T** in beer pong. He won but I also think he is kind of cheating but he doesn’t think so. I went inside and grabbed a white claw and had a solo dance party and the watched a movie and eat popcorn. I facetimed K** we got into an argument with T**, so I hung up on K** and texted him instead. We talked for about an hour then I started watching tik toks and fell asleep at 4am.
April 15, 2020
Today, I woke up at 9:50 to attend my zoom class. While listening to my teacher talk, I made myself a bacon egg and cheese sandwich. When my session was over, I went and laid back in my bed. My 11:30 alarm went off so I got up and feed my fish. I think got on tinder and snapchat for a little bit. I then started to get ready for my 12:30 class, which was also a pretty quick class. After we finished, we decided that I was going to have a self-beauty day. So, I put a mud mask on my face and relaxed in my bed. I watched the rest of “The Big Show” on Netflix and decided to work on a little homework. After 2 hours, I made meatballs and noodles and I’m now working on my COVID-19 journal. Me and my friends had a great idea to paint a beer pong table and decided to start tomorrow. I then talked to tory on the phone and then went to sleep at about 12.
April 16,2020
I went to work from 5-11, it was my first day back in a week. It sure was a long day or at least that’s what it felt like to me. I got off at like 11:30ish. But my mom had to go into work for something so I had to sit at my job until she could finish. She cam and got me at about 12:30-12:40. Then we went and got lunch together, then she dropped me off at home. I sat in my food and ate then I took at fat nap and boy was it good. When I woke up, I started to work on some homework since I hadn’t been doing any of it. Kam called asking if he should come over and I told him that we had talked about painting a beer pong table so he came over and brought all his painting supplies. Then we went and got supply to paint a table. While we were out and about, we got dinner as well. We came home and watched all American and ate dinner. Then we started to work on the beer pong table. To sum it up. The table took us about 8 hours to complete. After we ripped the tape off, we sprayed the table with a clear gloss which is supposed to help the paint from peeling. Then we went to sleep mind you it’s already 6 am.
April 17, 2020
We didn’t wake up until about 3pm. We mainly sat and watched movies and worked on homework. T** left and so did K**. So, me and my roommate decided that we could practice on our new 8ft beer pong table and then we ended up clean our back porch up instead.  We took a break and worked on more homework. I took a nap for about 3 hours and my roommate woke me up at 7 so, we could workout. K** called asking if he should come over after work and we talked about how we didn’t think our table was going to hold and the paint had already started to peel. So, we rushed to Walmart to get some proxy for the table. In the meantime, I worked on cleaning my fish tank which was a pain in my ass to do. When Kam came back, we played a round of beer pong and boy did we suck on an 8ft table. I do think it was good bonding time for us as friends though. Then we started to paint the proxy on the table and after we had it all painted, we took a hair dryer out so, we would blow all the air bubbles out. Then we went to sleep since the table had to dry for 4 hours. Then 10 minutes later Kam and T** came into my room because they couldn’t sleep so we walked into my roommate savvy’s room and we bothered her for a while. Then we started play the nice game where you can’t say anything mean for 24 hours. We took our butts to bed right away.
April 18, 2020
 I went to work from 5-2. I was busy on and off. At 11 I hope in the back of the kitchen and helped make lunch. I ended up doing it all by myself. I prepped food for the next day, cleaned the back and by 1 my feet were hurting so bad. I texted my mom asking her to come get me at 1:30. At 1:27 I figured I should ask my boss if I could leave early, it’s a good thing he said yes cause my mom was already at my job. I got home and took at shower. As my friends rushed me because we had a lot to do before we could start partying tonight. After I got out the shower, my roommate Savvy put my hair in a cute little sock bun. First, we went to Kam’s house so he could shower and everything. While he was doing that, we went to go get food. We sat at Kam’s house and had lunch then we meet my brother at Walmart to get some drinks. Then we headed to target to get more stuff for the party. Since I got a gift card from T**, I figured I should use that instead of spending my own money. When we got home, we put all the food away and played a little beer pong. I was super tired since I had been awake since 4:15am and everyone else woke up at 1. I played one game of beer pong, then I went to go take a nap. As I started someone rang the doorbell, it was Kayla. I just laid in my bed and tried to go back to sleep. Then I heard my roommate talking really loudly, I got up to see what was going on and she was just talking to our landlord. So, I sat in the living room hoping that I could soon go back to sleep. Then my sister showed up at my house, at that point I assumed that I wasn’t getting anymore sleep. K** started bothering me since I wasn’t in a happy mood. He asked what would make me happy and I said a cake. So, off the Publix we went. Then my roommate Maddie was hungry so we stopped to get her food and then headed back to the house. And then that’s when the party began. Halfway through the night me T** and Kam watched a movie and all slept in my bed together. It was a long night and we didn’t sleep until about 5am.
April 19,2020
We woke up at about 1pm, and when to go wake up my roommate savvy who didn’t go to sleep until 7am last night. We bothered her until she got out of bed when took us forever. Me, T** and Savvy all took turns taking a shower and we waited for savvy to get dressed went for some reason took her a whole hour. But then it was 4pm, and we still hadn’t eaten anything. We took Kam to his house so he could shower and we left to go get Dairy queen and Burger King. We came back and got Kam. We went to the park by his house and had lunch there in the car together. After we finished, we went and walked around the lake for a group bonding activity. So, of us took picture there, then we had a great photoshoot idea, so we asked Savvy’s parents if they had any old newspapers. We got back to my house and covered our wall with newspaper and had a fun photoshoot. Then we played some group bonding activities and ordered pizza and just asked random questions until 12:30. Then we all sat on Tinder and talked about the guys and or girls that we had matched with. Then I went into my room to sleep and Kam and T** took over my bed so I said guess we are sleeping together again. We all laughed and giggled then we turned out the lights and went to sleep.
April 20,2020
I woke up at 11:30 and started writing my journals entry. K** wanted me to make him breakfast so I went to the store to get some ingredients. When I came back, I was too lazy to cook anything so, Kam went home. I sadly didn’t log onto any of my zoom meeting today, that’s how tired I was. Then I started the do my laundry and pack my bag to go to my parents’ house. I called my sister to come get me but I forgot that I had to celebrate 4/20. So, we had a little midday party at our house and then I left to celebrate my dad’s birthday he was the big 50 today. We had Ruby Tuesday and apple pie and then we opened up presents. Then my parents had a little talk time with the older kids about our life choice and being an adult. Then K** came and picked me up and I bought him dinner at Nagoya and then I came home and talked to my ex on the phone for a while. Then I sat and hung out with the group for a little bit, then I decided that I need a little break from them so I packed my bags to go to my parent’s house for the week. Then I snapchatted K** and my friend Kayla talking about my life choices that I will be making up my mind about in the next 3 days. Then I knocked out at 12:40ish.
April 21, 2020
I woke up at 4:15 and headed to work. The day was kind slow but there were different points where we were busy throughout the day. I got to work with my favorite crew and that made my day pretty good. I called my mom to come pick me up at 3 because I had been a work for too long and didn’t want to stay longer. To my parents surprise I would be spending a week at their house and I already had my clothes packed. When I got over there, I started by doing a little homework that way I had less to do today. Then I took a break to play with my sisters. They were putting things in a balloon and then blindfolding themselves while the other one popped a random balloon. Then we came back into the house and I started working on homework again. I took a pause so I could make myself some Sloppy Joes for dinner. They were so good too, granted my mom made them and all I had to do was heat the meat in the microwave but still it was perfect. Then I worked on homework for another 2 hours and then my parents could and talked to me and my sister and life and just making sure we are doing okay. Then we talked about everything that has been happening at my house, which is the reason I’m staying with my parents currently. After that I started to pack up my homework and I started watching this show called #Black AF and then I fell asleep during the showed so, I got up and went to my brother’s room and fell asleep again.
April 22, 2020
My sister woke me up at 7:50 tell me it was time for school. My mom has my sisters wake up at 8 to do school in the living room/kitchen. So, I figured I might as well join my 9:05 zoom class. I had questions that I asked and since I had only attended one, I thought it might be a good idea. Me and my sisters did homework together until 1 pm and then my mom got ready to take me to work. I worked from 1:30 until about 9 pm. As normal it was very slow at work. We sat and made dance videos and talked about our hate for COVID-19. After I got off work, I went straight to bed because I had to work the next day at 6am.
April 23, 2020
I woke up to my boss calling me and asking where I was.  Apparently, I was supposed to come into work at 5am. So, I hurried to work I may have been in a bad mood but I knew I was going to have a good today. I had the best crew for breakfast and lunch, although I was very tired and wanted to sleep, I pushed through the day. Mind you this is my 3 day of work in a row for a 9-hour shift. After I got off my step-dad picked me up and went home. When I got home, I took a shower and worked on a little homework. My parents ordered pizza for dinner and we had another family talk about boys this time. At time same time I was making plans to go hangout with my friend group. After many hours of my step-dad tells me that I don’t need to be one tinder. He told me, “don’t put an image out that you don’t want people knowing.” Then K** came and picked up and we went to my house. Of course, it a Thursday night so we got to get lit. We hosted another lit party and had some great laughs with new friends. Then we shut the party down earlier since I had work at 6am and K** had plans at 7am.
April 24, 2020
I got up at 5:15am to go to work and I was a little pressed the I had to leave a 9am but I was happy for the extra hours I could get. Then one of our employee’s throw up so my boss asked if I wanted to stay until 11am. I said yes so fast. After I got off work, I had promised my mom that I would help her clean up the backyard so they could add her new shed and pool. I spent 4 hours sawing trees and pulling dead branches off a tree and weed whacking. What sucks is that it had rained last night so there were mosquitoes everywhere, I had to coat my body in bug spray. At about 5pm I called it a day for working in the backyard. I started working on homework since the spring session is about to end. My sister made spaghetti and meatballs and then I went back to doing my homework. At about 7 I sat and talking to my sister about how fun last night was, then she left to work on homework (she’s in high school). Then I took a quiz and then hopped in the shower and scrubbed my body clean since I had been at work and working outside. Then I washed my face and realized I didn’t write in my journal so I got to typing. The I hopped on the phone with Tory (my ex) for way to long. Then I went back to working on my homework and went to sleep at 12am.
April 25, 2020
Today I got up at 5:15 and went to work. My lyft ride was 20 minutes late, I was early to work by 1 minute. My morning at work was very rough but by 1pm, it got better since the employee I didn’t like left at that time. I was the backline cook until about 3pm. I was very fast and got most of the orders out under 4 minutes. My boss was pretty proud of how quick we had things done. Then we called my mom to come pick me up. We stopped at Taco Bell because she had a craving. Then we went home and I took a nap until 6pm. I decided to go work outside on the backyard, but then I got attacked by nature and I quit working for the day. I sat in my parents living room and talking with my sister about my love life and then I decided that I was going to go back to my house. When I got home my house smelled like 24 ounces of bounce that ass (inside joke T** and K** understand). So, I ordered wing stop and waited an hour only to have my order wrong, then I dropped the wings on my bed so I had to change my sheets. Then I talked on the phone with Tory for 3 hours and K** for 2 hours then I went to sleep because I couldn’t find anything to eat in the fridge.
April 26, 2020
Today I woke up at 12pm and made cinnamon rolls and watched #Black AF. Then I took a shower, washed my hair and started cleaning my room. Then I sat and watched Married at first sight with T** and Savvy.  Then I made Sloppy Joes and mac and cheese and had a beer with my dinner. Then I was on the phone with Tory from 4-10. K** came in my room bothering me and then we started to work on homework for several hours since we have exams this week.
April 27, 2020
K**, T** and I had a sleepover in my room since K** will be busy in a little bit when summer starts. We woke up and started on our final exam essay for history. I made everyone breakfast and then we got to work. T** didn’t do much but me and K** sat at my dining room table for 4 hours writing our essay. We got to 5 pages done and then we took a break to get lunch. We stopped at subway and then headed back to my house. Me and K** tried to get back into writing our essay but I think that 4 hours is long enough. So, we watched married at first sight with T** and Savvy. We took a break to talk about K**’s Birthday plans and rules that we have for our group. Then we took a trip to Walmart to get a couple of things that we needed. When we got back, I went to my room and started cleaning it because boy was it messy. As I was siting in my room K** came in my room to talk to me about life problems. We talked for a while and then I had him make a pro and con list to kind of help him make a decision. Then he got ready to leave and me and Savvy went to go get Burger King for dinner. Then I was in my room working on my essay. I took a break from that to take a shower, then I talked on the phone with Tory. We talked for so long I ended up falling asleep on the phone.
April 28, 2020
I woke up at 4:15 and headed to work. My uber arrived so fast I forgot to put deodorant on and brush my hair. So, I kind of looked ratchet at work all day. By 2pm I was ready to go, I left in a heartbeat and went home and eat lunch. I called Tory on the phone for maybe 1 hour and I started writing my essay. Then I decided to take a nap. I woke up at about 6:30pm and called tory on the phone again. Then I started to make big progress on my Exam 3 Narrative. I ended with 6 pages and finished lecture 1. Then I started writing in my journal and I took a break to get food. I watched a movie on Netflix and then talked to Tory again. I took a very long shower then fell asleep on Tory again for the second day in a row.
April 29, 2020
Good Moring!!! I woke up at 7am got dressed and got ready to go to my parent’s house. Today my sister turns 15 years old. We are having waffles and bacon for breakfast per her request. As I’m siting here talking to my step-dad about another life story. Sad to say my journal will be ending here. I have worked on keeping up with my writing after this assignment.