Exam #5 is Monday May 1, @ 10am in our classroom HSS 188
Part 1: 120 Points -12 will be on the exam @ 10 points each
Part 2: 80 points from Textbook chapters 29, 30, 31, 32 for students not doing Inquizitive
For full credit, please correctly identify, place in context, discuss significance*
1. “…swallowed a lie….”
2. “We need 4 or 5 Hitlers…..”
3. 1968 Election, Peace with Honor
4. 2000 Election
5. Al Qaeda and ISIS
6. Brown v Board of Education (1954)
7. Bush Doctrine, Cheney Doctrine
8. GI Bill of Rights 1944
9. Gulf of Tonkin Incident & Gulf of Tonkin Resolution 1964
10. Hiroshima Moral Adoptions
11. Iran Hostage Crisis 1979-1981
12. Iran-Contra Affair
13. Iran-Iraq War (1980-1989)
14. Let’s Make America Great Again
16. Little Rock 9 &Eisenhower’s response
17. Montgomery Bus Boycott (1955)
18. Nixon Doctrine, Vietnamization
19. Obama Doctrine
20. Operation Desert Shield & Desert Storm
21. Operation Eagle Claw 1980
22. Operation Urgent Fury: Grenada
23. Osama bin Laden’s fate
24. Ping Pong Diplomacy
25. Powell Doctrine
26. Reagan Doctrine
27. Rolling Segregation
28. Saddam Hussein’s fate
29. Southern Manifesto (1955)
30. Star Wars / SDI
31. The Baby Boom
32. The Doll Study
33. The Problem that Has No Name
34. The United Nations Resolution 629
35. The USS Were
36. Tienanmen Square 1989
37. Viet Cong
38. Watergate Scandal
Part 2: 80 points – from Textbook chapters 29, 30, 31, 32 for students not doing Inquizitive
8 of these will be on the exam @ 10 points each
- What were Lyndon B. Johnson's major war on poverty and Great Society initiatives? How did they impact American society?
- What were Presidents Kennedy and Johnson's motivations for deepening America's military involvement in the Vietnam War?
- What were the origins of the youth revolt? How did it manifest in the New Left and the counterculture?
- How did the political environment of the late sixties shape Richard Nixon's election strategy and domestic policy?
- What was the international strategy brought about by Richard Nixon's and Henry Kissinger's diplomacy and foreign policy during the 1970s?
- Why did Jimmy Carter have such limited success as America's thirty-ninth president?
- What were the factors that led to the election of Ronald Reagan, the rise of the conservative movement, and the resurgence of the Republican party?
- What is "Reaganomics"? What were its effects on American society and economy?
- What were the social and economic issues and innovations that emerged during the 1980s?
- What were the major population trends (demographics) in the United States during the twenty-first century? How did they impact the nation's politics?
- What were the accomplishments and the setbacks of Bill Clinton's presidency?