*To be taken in class on Friday 4/7 if you are not choosing the Inquizitive option for Chapters 26, 27, 28
4 of these questions will be on your exam, you will answer 3 @ 25 points each.
- How did German and Japanese actions lead to the outbreak of war in Europe and Asia?
- How were the Japanese defeated in the war in the Pacific?
- How did Truman expand the New Deal? How effective was his own "Fair Deal" agenda?
- How did the Red Scare emerge after the Second World War? How did it impact American politics and society?
- What factors contributed to postwar prosperity? To what extent did all Americans benefit from it?
- What were the criticisms of postwar American society and culture? What were the various forms of dissent and anxiety?
- What were the goals and strategies of the civil rights movement that emerged in the 1950s? What was its impact?
- What were President Eisenhower's priorities in conducting the nation's foreign policy? What was his influence on global affairs?