Well, since I'm a veteran I asked myself this question and this is the best I could come up with.
At first my reaction was one of it doesn't matter because history is just that, history.
Then I thought a little more on it and decided that my judgment is already skewed based on my age and what I know already or thought I knew.
So, this is my list of the FIVE things I started the semester hoping I would learn in this class.
1. I hoped I would learn a little more about the Vietnam War. Really all the major wars.
2. That I would gain a better understanding of foreign policy in the US because up to this point I really didn’t care.
3. A better, simpler explanation of why the US is in the state it is in now.
4. An explanation of why the US always seems to be sticking our noses in other countries affairs.
5. And to refresh my mind of things I have forgotten for various reasons over the years since childhood and to make it all click to events now.