It's a narrative of the adventure I had spelunking into my drawers, uncovering trash and treasure.
Without ruining ALL the fun, here is a brief list of things I've found scribbled on pieces of paper, post-it notes and napkins in my office drawers.
And NO I don't understand them all, either...
- Parenting feels like wearing gravity boots.
- Our friendship was like a fierce game of whack-a-mole.
- The three of us gathered in the hall, in suits, looking like we could arrest someone. And spank them.
- You are 20, and it is Spring.
- As she got up from our meeting I asked her -- because I know she is NOT a morning person, Are you going to bed? No, she replied. But I think I'll take a nap.
- If I weren't in this mess, where would I be?
- If you had balls, you could do it too.
- Dammit, I just know Teddy Roosevelt will surprise me. One day. It is his nature.
- Untangling things brings me deep satisfaction.
- Writing is 10% typing, 90% deleting.
- Imagination is EVERYTHING. -Albert Einstein